Wednesday 18 April 2012

sugar, sugar

necklace from topshop ♥


root canal, hey.


My only knowledge of this procedure came from an episode of Ripley's Believe It Or Not I'd watched as a child where a man had root canal without anaesthetic. I absorbed no information from the show other than ROOT CANAL = EXTREME PAIN


After examining my jaw muscles recently (as you do) I noticed my left side is pretty buff while my right side is slowly shrivelling up like a unused limb in a cast. I decided it was time I was able to chew on both sides again and booked an appointment with my dentist. And what a dentist I have! He has an orange chair! He used the words 'legend', 'legit' and 'act a fool' all in reference to my teeth!
He told me he needed to replace my filling then halfway through was like 'I'm actually just gonna quickly remove the nerve now', all casual, and I was like cool, whatevs I can't feel this anyways. Only near the end did it dawn on me: removing the nerve = ROOT CANAL…so sneaky!


So I had root canal and let me tell you this: don't panic, it ain't so bad. I'm not in any pain but haven't been able to close my teeth together yet (I believe it's called 'chewing').   But I guess it's always better to not have to need serious dental surgery and you should look after your pearly (off-)whites. So don't have stuff like chutney Paaper Bites + Coke for breakfast ever (based on a true story) 'cause it's probably bad for your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment