Wednesday 14 March 2012

LDN DAY 7



I went for some Sunday night comedy at Up The Creek in Greenwich. All 4 comedians were funny but the opening act, Joe Lycett, was HILARIOUS. I found some YouTube clips of him (here and here) which are great but he was even better when I saw him.

He is really camp + over the top and describes himself as 'deliciously middle-class'. One of my favourite bits was when he described an old lady staring at him for a rather long time as she came out of the grocery shop. He thought maybe he was finally being recognised from off the telly but then heard her turn to her husband and say ''I just remembered we forgot to buy faggots''.


We always used to giggle at these when passing them in the frozen foods aisle. Firstly what the hell are 'pork faggots' ?! Second of all I personally couldn't being myself to enjoy something cooked up by a 'Mr Brain'.

No comments:

Post a Comment