Sunday 12 August 2012

D.I.Y. Sunday ♡ : Half-Moon Nails

NAIL ART! I know there are also a million tutorials for crazy-fun-coco-loco artwork for yo nails online, but I kept seeing pretty photos of two-tone half-moon nails and wanted to try it for myself. For some reason I couldn't even imagine how it could be done, but it's actually SO easy and looks really nice so...let's go!

Just noticed that at a glance it looks like my sleeves are my skin and I am wearing little white gloves. 
This is the life of a pale girl.

YOU WILL NEED:
-2 nail colours that you think will look nice together
-round stickers (I used some I had lying around but the most ideal kind are those 'reinforcement rings'. I looked all over for them but couldn't find any. Filing is declining!)


1. Paint your nails the colour your want the little arc at the base (the 'half moon') to be. Wait for them to be totally dry before the next step.


2. Stick your stickers so that the curve follows the curve of your half moon area. Press the stickers down real tight so that no polish can seep underneath.


3. Paint your nails the other colour. Paint over the stickers so you'll end up with a nice & crisp line when you peel them off.


4. Wait to dry completely before very slowly peeling off the stickers. Pop on a top coat and you're done!

Picture: WAH NAILS

P.S. how nice do these look?!

No comments:

Post a Comment