Saturday 14 July 2012

forever young

My new favourite website is 8tracks which lets you make playlists and listen to other people's playlists, too. I like it because you can search by mood ("study" / "chilled" / "happy" / other prefixes to the word 'vibes'), artist, or names of playlists ("so you got dumped" / "songs for my sons 17th birthday"). Also everything is a surprise: there isn't a list of all the songs to come, you just gotta go with your gut / the description provided. SO FUN.


I'm sure there are many more music streaming sites in the world but I can't be bothered to look and I like 8tracks' layout and Spotify doesn't work in South Africa :(


Back in the day, before I knew how to make my own decisions, my music choices were hugely influenced by the then-popular teen drama The OC. I'd type 'The OC' into Limewire and download every song possible and then every album from each of the singers/bands I liked. A pretty good system I think.
So naturally I couldn't resist searching 8tracks for an OC-themed mix. 


This playlist has brought back many memories of pining for Ryan (I KNOW, WTF. With age comes wisdom, I now know Seth is the one for me) on a Thursday night.




Oh boy. Remember when 'emo' was a valid music genre?


No comments:

Post a Comment