Monday 29 October 2012

Kamersvol Geskenke '12


We spent this past sunny Saturday lying in beanbags, attempting to eavesdrop on Afrikaans conversations, and browsing through beautiful jewellery/ceramics/food at Kamersvol. 

Kamersvol Geskenke ('rooms full of gifts') is simply one of the best markets I've ever attended. If you missed out I feel bad for you, son, 'cause you'll have to wait another year for it to happen again. Some things that caught my eye:

 kewpie dolls in preparing to dive into little cups...
…they also came as necklaces :)
 a cup of Bovril sounds repulsive, but I'd consider it if it came in this handsome mug
 look at that grumpy face! My friend bought these guys
Santa Maria, I truly struggled to walk away from this stand empty-handed. So many lovely Mary/Jesus/baby angel statues, but I know I have quite a few already
 I took full advantage of all the tasters
 my vibe right now
these guys had the prettiest stand!
 "this necklace cost me an arm and a leg"
 Mmmm…! I'm a bit sad 'cause all the jewellery was made out of the good stuff (not the stuff that turns your skin green) and so too expensive for me
"I'm a big brave mouse, I go walking through the house…"
 doll wigs! 
 Bow Peep's beautiful wooden sign
 how pretty/creepy are these planters?
 …and how much does this one remind you of Sid's mutant toys from ToyStory..? AH!
 hey guys!
 I feel like I've met this bird before...
oggenstond het goud in die mond


"a walk through real life Pinterest boards" - such an accurate description. 

I got overwhelmed/overexcited and forgot to take business cards, so if you recognise any of these products please let me know so I can credit the seller :) Thanks for another beautiful event, Kamers!

4 comments:

  1. so super sad i missed it this year... now i have to wait too long to go see it next year :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! and it's such a long wait :( it just gets better by the year though :) X

      Delete
  2. You found such cool things! I think I walked around with blinkers on most of the time so that I wasn't tempted to buy anything. I also didn't get much time to look because it meant that no one was at my stall. Sorry I didn't get to chat to you properly. But looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved it! But was really overwhelmed and left empty-handed can you believe! Hope your stand did, well. I'm sure it did :)

      Delete