Friday 11 November 2011

11|11|11 - Corduroy Day

11|11 is annually celebrated for the date which most resembles Corduroy ('Corduroy Appreciation Day'). Incase you didn't know Corduroy is a fabric made up of vertical lines. This year it's an extra special one as it's the year 2011, extremely exciting!

There is a Corduroy Appreciation Club with a very serious-looking website as well as a secret handshake. Membership is through application online and I think it's a 'blood in, blood out' kinda thing but I'm not 100% sure.

According to the Corduroy Appreciation Club one should wear three items of Corduroy on this special day. Three items? I don't even own one. I used to wear a lot of Corduroy in my youth, but that was before I knew any better. One item made its way through to my teen years even, a brown Corduroy blazer. I wore it often, paired with velour items when I was feeling a bit sassy, and jeans + checked takkies for when I was feeling like something of a Rude Boy. 

I thought it made me look cool, sleek and elegant like this


or this (if I was feeling extra cool)

but in reality I probably looked more like this 

I now know this fabric is disgusting and unsightly but thought I'd search the internet for some Corduroy clothes before I made any sweeping statements. I haven't provided links for any of these items because I just wouldn't feel right promoting them.



These pants have been 'upcycled' (my second-worst word used to describe old clothes, after 're-loved') to look like this, but I don't know why. 



Normally emerald green + lizard appliqué is a recipe for success but this really doesn't work and I'm blaming the Corduroy.

These flattering dungarees are made from a velvet/Corduroy blend, simply stunning! I was going to make fun of these but then noticed her obviously orthopaedic shoes and odd stance and now I don't feel right doing it. I will however say this: you know what looks hot? Her crotch. Am I right? It looks super hot there, like, from the Corduroy. There is a solution for this

Horizontal Corduroy is apparently the solution. Another solution is to wear normal clothes.

So if you own something made of this fabric, go on then, be a devil and wear it today. You're probably going to hell anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment