Tuesday 1 November 2011

watch this: Geordie Shore



What you should be watching 
by Andie 'Ronge' Reeves



I LOVE Reality TV. What started as a casual interest in Curtis Court, grew to a strong love for Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and his ever Changing Rooms, which then manifested into something of an obsession with the Series channel. Friday nights for far too great a portion of my teenage life were spent watching Project Runway (from which I learned so much), followed by Wife Swap (ditto), followed by Greatest American Dog (still think Bill and Star should've won, am I right?!) and many more trashy real life shows.

I myself had a taste of the celebrity that comes with being a reality TV star after my brief but memorable appearance on the delightfully named Laugh Out Loud (aka LOL) candid camera show. Surprisingly a video of me being tricked by a fake parking ticket station has yet to make it onto YouTube; M-net if you're reading this (likely) please send a clip my way!



Yesterday was the 31st and as I'd been a good gal all month I had quiiite a few gigs left over for downloading purposes



I'd been counting down the days 'til the 31st all month, excited at the prospect of finally getting my hands on the 4th season of yours, mine and everybody else's fav-y reality show Jersey Shore. That was until a spanner was thrown in the works; I discovered Geordie Shore.

Geordie Shore is the same set-up as Jersey Shore only it's set in Newcastle and the cast are 'Gerodies' and not 'Guidos'. Oh, and it is WAY BETTER. 

It's more believable, the lads + lasses are actually rather likeable, there is no Ed Hardy in sight, and none of them reek of extreme sadness/as a result of them being past their sell-by date (I'm looking at you 'DJ' Pauly D, age 31) 

My favourite person is Charlotte (I like to call her Char). I want to be her best friend forever




The one who makes me laugh the most is James, but i'm laughing at him, not with him. He considers himself "one of the best looking guys in Newcastle, if not England" but everything he does just reminds me of Ricky Gervais and this makes me giggle so much. His collection of t-shirts/vests is also something to behold. So tight it ain't right, and his cleavage is almost slutty. 

My personal best is the cowl-neck top (top left) I just want to die looking at it.


The sex. On Jersey Shore you see couples get into bed then the camera politely pans away just before the deed takes place, naughty right? NO. Geordie Shore is filthy! You see the blankets moving! You get night-visions of rear ends! Oo-er! Truly wild. 


Yesterday they started filming season 2 and I'm just too keen to know what will happen. Charlotte/Gazza: will they won't they?! Will James finally score with a lady?!  More pressing questions?! 
You don't know what I'm talking about? You wish you did though. Download this show. Legally through iTunes (hah), illegally like any other normal person, or bring a flashdisc round and I'll give it to ya.

2 comments:

  1. HAAAA! this is too good. i love your photoshopping skills, ronge reeves! and the trips down memory lane (hadn't thought about laurence lewellyn-bowen in the longest time). although i appreciate this strange man's daring use of the cowl-neck, for me the sultry eyes in the last (and most revealing) picture is what really gets me going. GREAT BLOG, GREAT POST, i am definitely adding this to my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (for everyone else's benefit - to subscribe you need to use this feed://civvies-day.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default . i tried just putting in the url and it didn't work for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete