Wednesday 2 May 2012

Someday My Prince Will Come

I just heard about this great exhibition that happened last year (via designvagabond)
Various artists chose a picture they'd drawn in their youth and re-did it in their style as a grown-up. 

Audrey Kawasaki

Joey Leung Ka-Yin




Harmony Gong

Sean Mahan

Soey Milk

Such a good idea! I was big on drawing in my youth but am quite rubbish at it now. My speciality was drawing two very beautiful girls and writing their names (Courtney/Joanna/Cassandra etc) in cursive, and on the opposite page two hideous girls with Gertrude/Bethel etc scribbled underneath. I don't know why I was such a shallow child but I filled entire books with this format, occasionally borrowing my brother's 'fancy khokis' (highlighters) to colour their hair in.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.childsown.com/

    thought you might like this... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh i love this! what a wonderful idea :) X

      Delete