Sunday 2 September 2012

DIY Sunday ♡ : key makeover!


If you live in Observatory your house is gonna need a lot of locks. I get confused with all my keys so I made them pretty using my favourite art supply, nail polish







I think they look kind of super adorable.

I enjoy painting stuff like this on my nails; even simple hearts make people gasp. I used to look at pretty nail-art on Pinterest and think only an artist could paint such lovely little flowers but it's actually quite easy if you have some time on your hands (I like to do it while watching Downton Abbey). 

I've made some educational GIFs for ya



You'll need:
nail polish + a fine permanent marker + a thin brush or stick (for little details)

LEOPARD PRINT



step one : round-y splodges
step two : 1 or 2 squiggly 'c' lines around the splodges

p.s. one time I did this on my eyes (insider tip: use eye-shadow and eye-liner instead of nail polish) and it looked amazing


HEARTS



instead of trying to draw hearts, which can get messy, just do little 'v's


FLOWERS



step one : round-y splodges
step two : 2 green lines around the circles
step three : 2 squiggly '3' shapes around the circles
step four : draw around the leaves

1 comment: