Thursday 20 September 2012

the magic of buttons!




I get as excited about sewing machines. Seeing an overlocker work for the first time is pretty wild, but today I had the opportunity to work on some machines that a few hundred years ago would've been burned at the stake for obvious witch-craft and magic.



























 me and my booties went to the CTFC in town to use their industrial machines. I don't think enough people know but they have a workroom where you can go and sew whatever you like using all their resources! 

I needed to finish some things off with a cover-seam machine, and sew on some buttons and had no idea how easy and fun this would be. The machines basically do it for you; all your have to do is line it all up and press your foot on the pedal. I couldn't resist video-ing how it all works 'cause it kinda blew my mind, but maybe it's just me?


magical!



they're nearly finished…I can't wait to show them off : )


facebooktwitter

No comments:

Post a Comment