Monday 10 October 2011

rocking the daisies

I'm still recovering from my amazing weekend at Rocking the Daisies. 

Personal highlights were Rob Van Vuuren's comedy, Dr Stef (I'm a sucker for a hypnotist show), Killer Robot's set, the photobooths, and the fact that I didn't get sunburnt AT ALL (the temperature was in the 40's, so quite a feat for a pale girl like me).

I really appreciated the Daisy Den for its proper toilets, basins and mirrors, although I found the girls straightening their hair, painting their nails and reading magazines at a festival a bit ridiculous. 

I just wish they'd had more shade as I didn't enjoy any music 'til after the sun had gone down. The dam provided a great, icy relief from the heat, but after a bloody plaster floated past as a little girl did a wee next to me I couldn't float about for very much longer.

I went to the very first RTD five years ago and it just keeps getting better. It's extremely well organised and I always have a great time!



image: channel24.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment