Sunday 30 October 2011

second-hand shopping

look what I got!


I found this blue baby for TEN RAND at a charity shop the other day, what a steal. 


Get a load of this quilting detail! Oh, I'm a lucky girl.


I'm getting rather sick of the hundreds of over-priced 'vintage' sellers that have popped up in the last few year. I'd like to warn you against getting ripped off by people selling their mom's old nighties, using the term 'vintage' to make it seem ok that they're asking triple digits for this junk. It's important to remember:

'vintage' = second-hand = OLD CLOTHES

The fact of the matter is these clothes are all old and have been worn many times already, so before you buy consider how much you'd be willing to pay for this item if it was new. 
Support charity shops as they'll be the cheapest and your money is going somewhere nice. Try the charity shop at the bottom of Kloof Street (1 Kloof St.), the SPCA charity shop in Grassy park, and the place I got my blue dress from which is a few shops down from Pirates in Plumstead, and soon you'll be scorning any 'vintage' items over R50.

No comments:

Post a Comment